Aadhaar has become the most crucial identity proof that every citizen must have. Its unique identification number is actively used to keep bank accounts active and other financial matters. As per the new Government’s Directive, linking your prepaid and postpaid mobile number with your Aadhaar card number is also made mandatory for all the Indian Telecom Operators. Now the question arises, how? Here’s what you need to do. We’ve included the complete process for Aadhaar link to Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Telenor, Aircel, Docomo, BSNL, etc. This update has to be completed on or before 6th February 2018 to continue using the uninterrupted mobile services. The operators have already started passing this information to their customer through text messages, sooner or later you will get it as well. Just follow the below simple steps to get the task done.
- 1 Aadhaar link to Airtel
- 2 Aadhaar link to Idea
- 3 Aadhaar link to Vodafone
- 4 FAQ – Aadhaar link to Mobile Numbers
- For Postpaid Connection, visit nearest Airtel Store and for Prepaid Connection visit your nearest retailer.
- Ask for linking Aadhaar number for existing mobile number.
- Complete biometric verification
- You will receive OTP from the company to verify your Airtel SIM.
- Thereafter, receive a success message.
- Visit the nearest Idea store with Aadhar Card/number and mobile.
- You will get a verification code on your mobile number.
- Provide the code to the executive at Idea Store to complete biometric verification.
- After 24 hours you’ll receive confirmation SMS on your mobile, reply “Y” and complete the EKYC process.
- Visit your nearest Vodafone Store or retailer.
- Provide the mobile and Aadhaar Number to the store executive.
- You will receive OTP code on your phone.
- Provide the code and complete the biometric verification process.
- Get a confirmation SMS within 24 hours.
Linking Aadhaar number with mobile phone connection is made mandatory by Department of Telecom. In case you don’t complete the process before the specified time limit, services on your mobile number might get restricted.
What is last date for the update?
The sooner the better. We recommend you to complete the update right away. The last date for same is 6th Feb 2018.
What documents are required to complete the process?
You need to have Aadhaar card/number and your phone. Visit the nearest retailer personally for biometric verification. The process is complete once you receive OTP on your Mobile to verify your number.
Do I have to pay for seeding Mobile SIM Card with Aadhar Card?
The process of seeding Mobile SIM Card with Aadhar Card is completely free of cost.