New Delhi, India: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has done a press release on 18th August 2017, confirming the introduction of new 50 Rupee Note. It is getting a complete change in design, from colour to dimension, much different from the existing banknote that is currently in circulation. You can find the image, features, release date, how to check if it’s original, and other details mentioned below.
RBI has stated that all the banknotes in Rs 50 (Rupees Fifty) denomination issued in the earlier series, which is currently in circulation, will continue to be in use.
New 50 Rupee Note Image
What are new 50 Rupee Note Features?
Dimension of the 50-rupees banknote – 66 mm x 135 mm.
- See through register with denominational numeral 50,
- Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari,
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
- Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
- Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI,
- Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma
- Gandhi portrait,
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
- Year of printing of the note on the left,
- Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
- Language panel,
- Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
- Denominational numeral ५० in Devnagari.
New 50 Rupee Note Details
New banknote gets everything new. Apart from colour and design which you can see in the above image, a change is noticed in the dimensions of the currency as well. In order to dispense a 50 rupee note from ATM, the machine will need two separate cassettes for old and new notes of the same denomination. But, this won’t be a major problem as most banks have already stopped dispensing fifty rupees notes.
The 50 rupee note bears the signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, Governor of RBI. This banknote is from Mahatma Gandhi (new) Series. It is Fluorescent Blue in colour. You can find different motifs and patterns on both the obverse (front) and reverse (back) sides of the currency.
When is New 50 Rupee Note Release Date?
It is confirmed that a new Mahatma Gandhi series of Rs 50 denomination note is going to be released. However, there is no confirmation on the date from RBI.
Is old Indian 50 Rupee Note Ban?
No. As mentioned above, the earlier series of Rs 50 note will continue to be in use along with the new one from the same denomination.
How to check New 50 Rupee Note 2017? Fake or Real.
It’s simple. In the top section of this page, we have included the image and salient features of new Rs.50 denomination currency. Just look out for all these details on the bank note for the identification of whether it is fake or real.
What’s the history of 50 Rupee Note?
The first Indian 50-rupees banknote was introduced by RBI in the year 1975. It was from Lion Capital Series which had Ashoka pillar. Later, in 1996, this was replaced by a watermark of Mahatma Gandhi and becomes a part of Mahatma Gandhi series. This banknote is in the current circulation with some modifications made in it from time to time.
On 18 August 2017, Reserve Bank of India has introduced Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series of Rupees 50 denomination currency with completely new design.
We’ll bring more updates soon. Stay tuned.